Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Kite Runner: A Must Read

I might be late in reading this one, but thank god I read it. I thank thousand times to my colleague, who suggested me this book and even got me copy of it. It seems that I am exaggerating the things, but let it be that way. I am so.. so happy after reading this piece of writing. The way this story unfolds is just marvelous.

The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini, story of a boy who is struggling his haunting childhood event, lives in memories of Afganistan of his childhood and the kind of cruel reality he faces about the current conditions of Afganistan. Before reading all about Afganistan, I had no clue that Afganistan was such a beautiful place before this tragedy and never realized what the people of Afganistan are going through now, in these terrible conditions. Its story about humanity, explores all the facets of human nature be it love, care, hatred, jealousy, fear.

All this forced me to think about those people who are still stuck in those lands where terror is common thing nowadays, like Pakistan, Afganistan, our own Kashmir. How political greed of a few people has led to devastated lives of millions of people, the one who are facing the aftermath of terror or the ones who are direct factors of terror. We talk about world peace, global climate, growth and hundreds of other rosy words… but we only talk. And talk doesn’t give food to a terrorist or to the children who have lost their father last night being hit by a terrorists bullet or may be the bullet of army itself, who were actually fighting against terrorists. When will the ones ruling our nations will realize that a single loaf of bread on which they are spending some 500 or 1000 bucks, actually costs life for a child. We are talking about bright future for our children, but what about those who are getting orphaned every single minute. I might be exaggerating again, but at this point I am just feeling that my exaggeration is a miniscule compared to pains of people living in those war stricken countries. Hope to find some ray of hope for them too…

5 comments:

  1. It was a very touching book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a such a touching story. The reality of their lives was so shocking and painful. Just reinforced, for me, how lucky I was to be born, where I was..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must see the movie also. It is one of the best movie based on a book. Here is a link for the reference : http://thankibabu.wordpress.com/2009/01/13/%E0%AA%A7-%E0%AA%95%E0%AA%BE%E0%AA%87%E0%AA%9F-%E0%AA%B0%E0%AA%A8%E0%AA%B0%E0%AA%A8%E0%AB%80-%E0%AA%AA%E0%AA%A4%E0%AA%82%E0%AA%97%E0%AA%AC%E0%AA%BE%E0%AA%9C%E0%AB%80-%E0%AA%95%E0%AB%8D%E0%AA%AF/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Smitha, Thanks for visting. We surely are the lucky ones to be what we are.
    @Thanki Uncle, yeah surely I would see this movie. This book has made me eager to watch the movie as well.

    ReplyDelete