Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Life around… Influence Peddling...

Ahmedabad’s sunny days have taken a toll on all of us and there were many of us standing in a queue to get some air pumped into tyres of our vehicles… and suddenly a man with a huge car dropped by, along came a petrol pump boy & to my surprise (rather I should not be surprised as, its just a way of life about which I should have come in terms with … ) and asked the other boy at our counter to get the air filled in the car, before anybody else’s.
I was about to shout… fouuuul…but the basic instinct told be not to do…as I didn’t wanted to spoil my morning…

This is just a simple example from our daily lives….and can be seen everywhere. It’s nothing new... but my very question is, why that man can’t just wait for 5 mins for his turn? Why for such a petty thing hez using his influences… you can imagine at upto level he can go for getting his things done…

Let’s be sincere and respect the sincerity of others…And it’s nothing like, I was on other side and that’s why I felt so bad about it. I felt v.bad when my loan got passed in a week because my father-in-law was an employee of that nationalized bank, while others had been waiting for a month or might be longer than that. You could have seen the snail’s speed at which those people had been working…still in this computer age, they were just using hell lot of manual activities like I had to give them 48 post dated cheques, instead they can easily get the loan repayment done from ECS facility. I felt that, all this just to save job of few inefficient ones…why can’t we be honest and put our best efforts to perform our work efficiently… use the best techniques available to you and you can excel in career and can get rid of those hundreds of files piling up like anything…and provide the same service to everybody. But, I think that drive is missing… ‘chalta hai chalne do’ and ‘yahan to aise hi kaam hota hai, jaan pehchan hai to karwa lo’ attitude…

That bank issue was not in my control, but at least I do make a point to stand in a queue wherever I can, but how many do respect my honesty… then somebody will come, will use his influence and will get his work done first… That makes me sick… We all know what is right and what is wrong, but still we do make benefits out of such situations like getting a blockbuster movie ticket, getting admission in colleges (Ahhh… there you just have to use money power, else no other influence works), or just a small thing like getting your bill paid at the grocery store… (like.. I am your regular customer, get my bill done first…).

We being educated, being knowing best of practices, have access to the information from every corner of the world… can influence people around us to be honest and respect honesty, respect each others work and do not use our influences.. we all need to take this drive… I am trying to contribute my bit …hope some more too…

No comments:

Post a Comment